Friday, September 18, 2009

First night in the Big Apple!

So school has been in seesion for about three/four weeks now, and I really slacked on my blog. The first week was really hard. I was by myself in an enviroment that no one back home has ever known. I suffered from severe...homsickness, yes it happens. I was actually physically homesick, and a bit depressed, but the first weekend I was able to visit Allentown, which really helped. Zach and I spent Labor Day weekend with my Aunt and Uncle just hanging out. It was a great weekend. The second week of school blew by in a flash, and before I knew it I was back home in the cove. This was a bad choice. Going home only made me miss it that much more, but I needed to know that I was capable of driving to New York by myself. Turns out it really only takes about 4 hours and 4o minutes. Mainly because if you go less than 80 on the Jersey Turnpike you probably won't make it off. The night I crossed the Tappanzee Bridge by mywself for the first time I saw fire works going off in the distance. It was terrific, and most definitely a sign!
I am now starting off my third weekend, and it is the first weekend I am staying on campus. Tonight I will be heading into the city to se a show (Of Montreal) and tomorrow there are some party possibilities, but homework must come first.
Although this past month has been extremely hard, I am so proud of myself for actually taking the chance. I know that I love home, and I am definitely a family girl, but being able to at least be on my own (and I mean actually on my own...not an hour from home!) is encouraging. I am so thankful for this opportunity, and in the end if I move back closer to home, get married, and have kids, at least I will know its what I really want. I look at so many people who never get the chance to explore and truly discover themselves and thank God everyday that I do. <3