Friday, October 16, 2009

One hand in the air for the big city...

So it is now the middle of October-can't believe it. I was home for five days last week, a little fall break you could say. I had a great time, but realized that I was getting anxious to back into my routine up here. I think the longer I am from home, the better it is when I go back.
Next time I am home I refuse to make any other plans other than with Jill. She has been a rock for me for awhile now and is the one friendship I can truly count on. You always hear that you meet your lifetime friends in college and in my case this is very true. In high school we are all forced to be together, you basically have no choice who you friends are hahaha, but in college you meet people whose lives and future goals fit with yours. Its really a great feeling!
The next time I will be going home is the weekend of November 14th. Zach and I are heading down to WV to visit Joe and see Old Crow Medecine show. It should be a blast.
I am amazed how fast this semester is going! I feel like just yesterday I was at HMP waiting to leave for school. Now I am in the swing of things and really getting used to the idea of being here.
Two weekends ago I took a trip into the city with Laura where we met a family friend. We were all over the Big Apple from Strawberry Fields in Central Park to the Brooklyn brownstones, which I plan on living in at some point. =)
This coming weekend I am involved in a 48 hour play competition. The writer has 48 hours to write a five minute scene, and the actors have about a day to learn it. I think it should be fun. I decided I need to start jumping at opportunities anymore. For awhile I never tried anything new and was becoming too comfortable in the secure. That is why this spring Zach and I will be taking a trip to....PORTUGAL! We got a great offer and decided we needed to do stuff like this while we can.
Sunday Laura and I will be having lunch with my Aunt and Uncle in Allentown. I think we could both use some home cooked food!
Need to get my day started!